Mozambique LNG to restart construction

Written by  Ian Cochran
Thursday, 29 January 2026
Free Read

Mozambique’s government has confirmed that its President, Daniel Chapo and TotalEnergies CEO, Patrick Pouyanne, would relaunch the country’s LNG project today (Thursday).

“The resumption of the project represents a significant milestone for the national economy and reaffirms the confidence of international partners in the energy, institutional and human potential of Mozambique,” a statement from Chapo’s office said.

Construction of the $20 bill project was halted in 2021, due to an Islamist militant attack, but late last year, TotalEnergies said it was ready to resume work at the site, located in the northern province of Cabo Delgado.

Mozambique LNG is owned by TotalEnergies (26.5%), Japan’s Mitsui (20%), ENH (15%), Bharat Petroleum (10%), OilIndia (10%), ONGC Videsh (10%) and Thailand’s PTTEP (8.5%).

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Related Video

Free Read