Free Read

Energy World Corp, the Hong Kong-based and Australian-listed liquefied natural gas projects developer, said it had been given a Philippines permit to operate its LNG hub and terminal in Pagbilao in Quezon Province and would now complete some other facilities.

The company’s shares on the Australian Securities Exchange jumped 3.57 percent on January 2 on the news of the permit award from Manila.

EWC said the permit was handed over by the Secretary of Energy of the Philippines, Alfonso G. Cusi.

“The permit forms an update to the original permit documentation and provides for a further construction period of 24 months,” said EWC.

EWC explained that the permit would enable the start of operations of the first LNG storage tank to be aligned to the commercial start-up of the associated 650 megawatts gas-fired power plant and the completion of other facilities, including a second LNG tank.

“This permit demonstrates the continued strong support from the DOE for our LNG hub terminal at Pagbilao and will further enhance our program to bring affordable LNG to the Philippines for power generation, town gas and transportation,” said EWC founder and senior director Stewart Elliott.

Construction work at Pagbilao has seen the completion of the LNG terminal jetty and regasification infrastructure as well as one storage tank.

EWC is also building a small-scale liquefaction plant in Indonesia where it has a natural gas production-sharing contract.

The company's project involves a 315MW gas-fired power plant at Sengkang on the South Sulawesi coast of eastern Indonesia with an affiliated LNG production plant with output of 2 million tonnes per annum.

EWC is also expecting to be granted a 20-year extension to its Indonesian gas production-sharing contract.

Published in Latest News

Energy World Corp., the Australian-listed company with LNG projects in the Philippines and Indonesia, has completed a transaction Standard Chartered Private Equity of Singapore to keep its ventures moving forward.

Published in Latest News

Energy World Corp., the Hong Kong-based and Australian-listed LNG developer, reported mixed preliminary full-year results as it progressed with its Philippines LNG and power hub and small-scale liquefaction plant at Sengkang in Indonesia where its production sharing contract is expected to be renewed.

Published in Latest News

Energy World Corp., the owner of the first LNG import terminal in the Philippines at Pagbilao, has backed testimony to a Senate hearing in Manila that imported liquefied natural gas was the most economic source of fuel for the nation's electricity.

Published in Latest News

Fourchon LNG, the US export venture owned by a subsidiary of Hong Kong-based Energy World Corp. and planned for Belle Pass in Louisiana, was granted multi-year permits to ship cargoes for 30 years to countries with a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with the US and for 20 years to any countries without an FTA.

Published in Latest News

Energy World Corp., the developer of the mechanically complete first LNG import terminal in the Philippines at Pagbilao, is constructing a second storage tank at the facility that will operate as a tolling Hub with access for third-party clients.

Published in Latest News
Friday, 06 October 2017 06:36

Sengkang LNG advances

Free Read

Oct 6 (LNGJ) - Energy World Corp., the LNG project developer, said its Indonesian Sengkang liquefaction venture was well advanced, with key equipment, including four cold-boxes, compressors and ancillary equipment, already installed on site. “The LNG storage tank has been fully slip-formed and is now subject to fit out,” said the Australian-listed company. “Jetty works have been finalised and loading arms have been installed. The interconnecting pipe work and the installation of the control and instrumentation systems are being completed,” added EWC. “As previously advised, the company will bring these projects into commercial operation in 500,000 tonnes per annum phases when we can conclude the LNG product off-take discussions with Perusahaan Listrik Negara, the state electricity company, who require LNG for power operations in eastern Indonesia,” it explained.

Published in News in brief

Port Fourchon LNG, the US export venture owned by a subsidiary of Hong Kong-based Energy World Corp. and planned for Lafourche Parish in Louisiana, has received a letter from US regulators giving permission to start its pre-filing environmental review process.

Published in Latest News

Energy World Corp., the Australian-listed Asia-Pacific natural gas and power company based in Hong Kong, said the first LNG import terminal in the Philippines is almost complete as it posted record earnings ahead of the hub facility coming on line at Pagbilao in Quezon province.

Published in Latest News

Energy World Corp. said it was aiming to complete the first LNG import terminal in the Philippines by December 2016 as it outlined its strategy for the facility.

Published in Latest News