Wednesday, 21 February 2024 07:28

Pluto LNG modules

Free Read

Feb 21 (LNGJ) - Woodside Energy said the first three Pluto Train II modules for the Scarborough expansion project have arrived at Karratha in Western Australia. The modules were fabricated at an Indonesian yard by US energy engineers Bechtel and weigh a combined total of more than 4,000 metric tonnes. “The safe and timely arrival of the module is testament to the hard work and dedication of the Woodside team and our lead contractor Bechtel,” said Woodside Chief Executive Meg O’Neill said.

   Woodside said that the modules were three of a total of 51 that would be shipped to the site from the module yard to form Pluto LNG Train II. The second Pluto Train will have nameplate capacity of 5 million tonnes per annum and up to 3 MTPA of LNG will be processed at the existing Pluto Train 1 following modifications to accommodate the Scarborough field’s lean gas. The Pluto expansion is scheduled to ship its first cargo in 2026.

Published in News in brief

The leading Western Australia liquefied natural gas plant operator Woodside Energy reported a 13 percent drop in second-quarter revenues from a year ago as realised LNG prices dropped along with oil and natural gas production volumes.

Published in Latest News
Wednesday, 31 May 2023 06:36

Woodside contracts

Free Read

May 31 (LNGJ) - Woodside Energy, the Australian operator of the North West Shelf and Pluto LNG export projects, has completed the award of all major contracts for the decommissioning of subsea infrastructure at the Enfield, Griffin, Stybarrow and Echo Yodel oil and gas fields offshore Western Australia.

   “The upcoming work will follow successful decommissioning activities which have been underway at the Enfield and Balnaves fields since the first quarter of 2022,” said Woodside. “Specialist contractors engaged to undertake activities during the subsea decommissioning campaign include TechnipFMC, Heerema, McDermott, Fugro, DOF and McMahon. A contract for the permanent plug and abandonment of wells in the Stybarrow field has also been awarded to Transocean,” Woodside added.

Published in News in brief
Free Read

Woodside Petroleum, the operator of two LNG export plants in Western Australia, posted a 12 percent first-quarter increase in oil and gas production, though prices were down 20 percent along with revenues from the same three months a year ago.

Woodside, one of the biggest regional suppliers of LNG cargoes to North Asia, reported sales revenue of US$1.08 billion for the quarter ended March 31, down from US$1.36Bln a year earlier.

Production came to 24.2 million barrels of oil equivalent, up from 2.17M boe as the company mitigated the impacts of Tropical Cyclone Damien during the quarter.

Total LNG output for Woodside rose 4.5 percent to 18.31M boe from 17.53 boe in the prior-year quarter.

At the same time, Woodside like all other companies in the industry implemented responses to the combined effects of the Covid-19 outbreak and lower commodity prices.

Woodside’s first-quarter one-sixth share of LNG sales at the North West Shelf plant in Western Australia came to 606,577 tonnes, down from 652,246 tonnes in the same quarter of 2019.

The Perth-based company’s sales from its stake in the Chevron-operated the Wheatstone plant in the Pilbara region of Western Australia rose to 236,185 tonnes from 175,932 tonnes in the 2019 quarter.

At Woodside’s single-Train Pluto LNG plant sales amounted to 1.163 million tonnes in the quarter, up on last year’s 1.107MT.

“Tropical Cyclone Damien, which crossed the Western Australian coast in February, was the most significant weather event ever to pass over Woodside’s production facilities on the Burrup Peninsula,” stated Woodside Chief Executive Peter Coleman in the company's first-quarter report.

“Despite the severity of the storm, the team put in an outstanding effort to ensure the safety of our people and our assets and restore normal operations in a matter of days,” added the CEO.

“Nevertheless, revenue for the quarter was impacted by reduced trading activity and lower realised prices due to Covid-19 and an unprecedented combination of oversupply and short-term demand destruction,” stated Coleman.

“Of course, most of the quarter was overshadowed by the growing threat of the Covid-19 pandemic, which has required us to take swift and decisive action to protect our workforce, communities and operations,” he said.

Coleman noted that the company had already made “tough but prudent decisions” to ensure the financial integrity of the business with spending cuts in 2020 of 50 percent.

“A targeted final investment decision on our Scarborough and Pluto Train 2 developments has been deferred from this year to next,” said Coleman.

“We made solid progress on our near-term growth projects during the quarter, taking FID on Sangomar Field Development Phase 1 in Senegal and the North West Shelf’s Greater Western Flank Phase 3, as well as making significant execution progress on Pyxis Hub and Julimar-Brunello Phase 2,” he added.

Published in Latest News