Friday, 13 November 2020 08:10

Sinopec shale boost

Free Read

Nov 13 (LNGJ) - China Petroleum and Chemical Corp. (Sinopec), a shareholder in the Australia-Pacific LNG plant in Queensland operated by ConocoPhillips, said it added 83 billion cubic metres of newly proven domestic natural gas reserves at the Chuanxi field in China’s onshore Sichuan Shale basin. “The reserves, certified by the Chinese Ministry of Natural Resources, raise the field’s total proven resources to 114 Bcm. The reservoir is spread over 138 square kilometres in the western part of the basin at depths of 6,000 metres,” said Sinopec.

   Sinopec reported earlier in November that it had recorded China’s highest ever daily output of shale gas at 20.62 million cubic metres in its Fuling project, the country’s first commercial shale production venture. “Fuling shale is an important gas source for the Sichuan-East gas pipeline, meeting the daily gas consumption of 40 million households,” said the company. “Since the beginning of 2020, the Fuling shale-gas field has achieved full recovery of production through non-stop drilling rig operations and rapid resumption of fracturing gas testing despite the Covid-19 outbreak,” stated Sinopec.

Published in News in brief