Indonesia, a leading Asian LNG producer, has approved a plan of development for the Tuna offshore natural gas field with total estimated investment at over US$3.0 billion and in the face of continued Chinese claims to sovereignty over most of the South China Sea where the field is located.

Published in Latest News

Australian LNG stakeholder Santos, the company that was the subject of takeover interests from the US, the Middle East and China from 2015 to 2018, said that the Chinese ENN Group which had formed a strategic relationship with Santos from that era was no longer a significant shareholder.

Published in Latest News

Australian energy company Santos, with stakes in three Asia-Pacific LNG export plants, is moving forward to take over the major Western Australian natural gas supplier Quadrant Energy after itself escaping an acquisition raid by US equity fund Harbour Energy.

Published in Latest News

Santos, the Australian stakeholder in three Asia-Pacific LNG production plants, reported strong first-half revenue growth even as an earthquake in February shut the ExxonMobil-run Papua New Guinea plant and scheduled maintenance closed the Darwin facility, operated by ConocoPhillips.

Published in Latest News

Asian Pacific LNG stakeholder Santos, the Australian company that was the subject of a US$10.8-billion bid from US equity fund Harbour Energy backed by its parent EIG Global, saw its shares rise by 2 percent on May 30 as corporate normality returned after the offer was withdrawn last week because of the high oil price.

Published in Latest News

US private equity firm Harbour Energy has raised its offer to $US10.8 billion ($A14.2Bln) for Santos, the stakeholder in three Asia-Pacific LNG export ventures, provided the Australian company puts in place hedging for the soaring oil price.

Published in Latest News

Santos, the Australian stakeholder in three Asia-Pacific LNG export ventures, has received a binding bid from Harbour Energy, a subsidiary of US equity firm EIG Global Energy Partners, confirming an original offer of $US10.4 billion ($A13.8Bln) with a number of changes relating to large Chinese shareholders.

Published in Latest News

Santos, the Australian stakeholder in three Asia-Pacific LNG export ventures, has responded to rising speculation that a US$10.4-billion takeover offer from Harbour Energy, a subsidiary of US equity firm EIG Global Energy Partners, is set to proceed.

Published in Latest News

Australian LNG asset holder Santos, including the operatorship of the Gladstone coal-seam-gas-to-LNG export joint venture in the eastern state of Queensland, said it completed the commissioning and start-up of the Scotia natural gas expansion project.

Published in Latest News

Australian energy company Santos, a stakeholder in three Asia-Pacific LNG export ventures, has received a US$10.4-billion takeover bid from Harbour Energy whose Chief Executive is Linda Cook, a former senior executive at Royal Dutch Shell.

Published in Latest News
Page 1 of 2